Geosciences Advisory Board
The USU Geosciences Department's Advisory Board consists of former students and friends of the Department. Board members represent the following geoscience areas: petroleum industry, mining, secondary education (G6-12), higher education, environmental/engineering geology, and state and federal agencies. Members need not be graduates of Utah State University. The purposes of the Board are to promote the recognition, welfare, and progress of the Department, to encourage financial and other support of the Department, and to advise the Department in matters regarding the status of economic, regulatory, or other factors that impact the department’s teaching and research mission. Specific objectives of the Board are:
- To provide advice and act as an independent consulting body for faculty, students and staff on departmental issues.
- To provide input to the Department from a wide range of groups in an effort to maintain high-quality curricula and degree programs in the Department.
- To inform alumni, friends of the University, and the public about the Department and to promote its work and services.
- Act as an independent voice to communicate with alumni, governmental officials, and industry officials regarding issues that impact the Department.
- To assist in fundraising and development activities, as necessary.
CURRENT ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS
Yarrow Axford – Northwestern University, Evanston IL – email@example.com
Stephanie Carney – Utah Geological Survey, Salt Lake City UT – firstname.lastname@example.org
Carrie Elliott – U.S. Geological Survey, Columbia MO – email@example.com
Angela Isaacs (chair) – Sinclair Oil & Gas, Salt Lake City UT – firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Jamison – Fast Forward Charter High School, Logan UT – email@example.com
Al Jones – Browning Foundation, Ogden UT – firstname.lastname@example.org
Dustin Keele – Chevron Corporation, Houston TX – DustinKeele@chevron.com
Steven Kerr – Millcreek Mining Group, Salt Lake City UT – email@example.com
Mike Lowe – Utah Geological Survey, Salt Lake City UT – firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Nelson – Western GeoLogic LLC, Salt Lake City UT – email@example.com
Elizabeth Petrie – Western State Colorado University, Gunnison CO – firstname.lastname@example.org
Caleb Pollock – Pioneer Natural Resources, Dallas/Fort Worth TX – Caleb.Pollock@pxd.com
Dan Rogers – Amsted Industries Inc, Chicago IL – DTR@amsted.com
View the Advisory Board's Bylaws.